Sz: 4"H x 2 1/4" at rim
w/ faux bois base
Stamped on underside: Regent Plate, Garrard & Co, 112 Regent St. London
One of the Caribbean's most elegant and exclusive enclaves, Lyford Cay, located on the western edge of New Providence Island in The Bahamas, has served as a refuge for global leaders, international luminaries, and royal families for more than half a century.
Lyford Cay is a private gated community located on the western tip of New Providence island in The Bahamas. The former cay that lent its name to the community is named after Captain William Lyford Jr., a mariner of note in Colonial and Revolutionary times, and is built on a 448-acre (181 ha) grant he received for his services as a Loyalist in the American Revolutionary War. Captain Lyford also received a 92-acre (37 ha) grant on Cat Island, Bahamas for playing a key role in Andrew Deveaux’s raid of April 1783 that drove the Spanish from Nassau.